How to Maintain a BMW 4 Series Coupe From Expert Mechanics in San Joseby fastladmin September 15, 2019
BMW has been at the forefront of luxury motoring for decades. With constant innovations, high-tech gadgets, and punchy motoring it’s not hard to see why. BMW’s punchy, sport, coupes are often overlooked. However, with the release of the BMW 4 Series Coupe a few years ago, BMW has made sure that their coupes will no longer be ignored. Dynamic and agile while still having that classic BMW comfort and luxury feel, the 4 Series Coupe packs one hell of a punch. It has a high-performing engine for a thrilling driving experience and a sporty exterior performance to match.
In this article, we will explore how to maintain the 4 Series Coupe to ensure that it performs as well as the day you bought it. We will also look at some of the common issues that need regular maintenance and servicing.
BMW is a brand well known for a high reliability across their vehicles and is currently ranked at a strong 17/32 in an overall manufacturer reliability survey. In terms of reliability of a single car, the 4 Series Coupe is one of BMW’s star pupils, so to speak, coming in an impressive second place out of 8 coupes of a similar type.
Cost and Schedule Guide
When purchasing a 4 Series Coupe, BMW offers a range of maintenance plans to its owners. These plans began in 2016 and is available to all coupe models from then forwards. Following one of these maintenance plans can be a great option for drivers who are busy, forgetful, or just want a completely stress-free driving experience. All the servicing, planning, and maintenance needs are covered by BMW, meaning your coupe can be kept fighting fit at all times. Currently, BMW offers 3 different maintenance plans for their 4 Series Coupes:
1. BMW Ultimate Care
This is a 3-year or 36,000 mile BMW maintenance plan which is complimentary for all eligible 4-Series Coupes.
2. BMW Ultimate Care+
Again, operating on a 3-year/36,000 mile basis, this care program is optional and fee-based. It has extra care features and coverages.
3. BMW Ultimate Care + 1,2,3,4
This plan constitutes the most comprehensive fee-based care plan available. This option can extend the maintenance coverage of the previous plans by up to 4-years and has extra care perks and bonuses to ensure your coupe remains in peak running order for up to 125,000 miles.
Common Parts Issues
Of course, these types of plans are not for everyone, and if you have your own preferred special mechanic or are mechanically-minded yourself, you may wish to go your own way. If this is the case for you, then being aware of some of the most commonly-occurring, potential faults of the 4 Series Coupe is a smart idea.
As the 4 Series Coupe hasn’t been out for all that long in terms of car-years, as of yet there are few reports of common failures. Overall, the 4 Series Coupe is becoming well-known for its reliability and performance. However, it seems that early reports indicate potential problems with the gearbox and clutch, so let’s focus our attention upon its maintenance.
Issues with the gearbox and clutch are the most reported problem when it comes to the 4 Series Coupe, along with poor performance noted in manual boxes, as well as premature clutch failure. Therefore, we have listed below some top gear/box clutch maintenance practices you can use to ensure this doesn’t happen to you:
- Check your transmission fluid periodically and ensure it isn’t running low.
- Use quality transmission fluid that is correct for your model of car.
- Service your engine’s cooling system.
- Flush your transmission fluid regularly.
- Don’t change gears while vehicle is in motion (i.e., changing to reverse).
- Ensure your car is warmed up before you drive.
- Don’t drive on a spare tire for an extended period.
- Change the transmission filter regularly.
- Don’t tow excessive weights with your vehicle.
- Ensure your transmission is inspected annually.
In general, the best way you can maintain your 4 Series Coupe is to bring your BMW in for regular servicing and maintenance. If you live in or around San Jose, CA, you should bring your Coupe to Fastlane European. We are experts in European cars and have years of experience. We will ensure your Coupe runs perfectly for years to come.
* BMW F32 4-Series Car image credit goes to: DarthArt.
- Reasons Behind BMW Vacuum Hose Leaks From the Experts in San Jose
- How to Fix Your Mini’s Radiator Expansion Tank Failure From the Best Mechanics in San Jose
- Tips to Fix Engine Mount Failure in Your Mini
- Reasons Behind Volvo Transfer Case Failure From the Best in San Jose
- Reasons for Differential Failure in Your Mini