The end of the year is nearly around the corner, and that means holiday travel. Whether you are visiting your loved ones afar or taking a ski getaway, you’re going to need a dependable ride to take you there. Before you hit the road this season, we highly urge you to take your car to the auto shop first so that it can be thoroughly checked and serviced for maximum safety.
When it comes to your vehicle, here are some friendly reminders to help you prepare your vehicle for a pleasant journey:
- Inspect your tires for signs of wear and tear (tread) and measure their pressure; consider getting new tires if needed
- Check your oil and oil filter; get an oil change if needed
- Check other fluid levels (coolant, brake, windshield washer, etc.)
- Test your windscreen wiper blades to see if they work appropriately
- Clean your car and place a small garbage bin for your waste
- Pack an emergency safety kit and include jumper cables
- Bring absorbent towels or paper towels and place them within your reach for emergency instances
The holidays should be enjoyable and hassle-free, so you should prepare and plan to avoid any mishaps. Prepare to sit in the car for long hours by taking a good rest or stretch before the trip to condition your body. Also, why not play a Christmas playlist to keep your passengers and yourself in the holiday spirit. Lastly, don’t forget about the water and snacks (especially if traveling with kids)!
Preparing your car for a holiday trip is a must if you want your travels to be stress-free. We encourage you to visit Fast Lane European before taking your BMW, Mercedes Benz, Volvo, or MINI on a long trip. Your car needs extra care before driving hundreds of miles through not-so-great weather. A professional and well-trained technician at Fast Lane European can do a complete pre-trip inspection. If you are interested, please give us a call at (408) 985-1000 or visit before embarking on your holiday trip.