BMWs are high-performance cars and SUVs that require specialized knowledge and tools to properly service and repair. When it comes to maintaining your BMW, one of the most crucial aspects is ensuring that its transmission is in excellent condition. Your vehicle’s transmission is responsible for transferring power from the engine to the wheels. If the transmission becomes faulty, getting your BMW to move will be difficult. As such, it is essential to have regular transmission service and repair performed on your BMW.
Why is Transmission Service and Repair Necessary?
Your BMW’s transmission contains a lot of moving parts that require regular maintenance to function correctly. Over time, parts can wear down or become damaged, causing the transmission to malfunction. In addition, fluid levels can become low, or the fluid itself can become dirty or contaminated, which can cause the transmission to overheat and fail.
Regular transmission service and repair can help prevent these issues from occurring. During a transmission service, a qualified technician will perform a series of checks and inspections to ensure your BMW’s transmission is in good condition. This may include checking fluid levels, inspecting the transmission for leaks, and testing the shifting mechanism.
If any issues are found during the service, repairs can be made to fix the problem before it worsens and potentially causes more significant damage. This can help prevent costly repairs or even the need for a complete transmission replacement.
Causes of BMW Transmission Failure
There can be several causes of BMW transmission failure. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- Lack of Maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial for any vehicle, and BMWs are no exception. If the transmission fluid is not changed regularly, it can lead to fluid degradation and transmission failure.
- Overheating: Overheating is one of the leading causes of transmission failure. BMWs are high-performance vehicles that generate a lot of heat, and if the transmission overheats, it can cause damage to the gears, seals, and other components.
- Wear and Tear: Like any mechanical component, the transmission of your BMW can wear down over time. The gears, bearings, and other components can become worn, leading to transmission failure.
- Faulty Solenoids: Solenoids are electronic valves that control the flow of transmission fluid. If the solenoids are faulty, they can cause problems with shifting, resulting in transmission failure.
- Leaks: Transmission fluid leaks can cause damage to the transmission because the fluid level will always be low. If you notice any fluid leaks under your BMW, take it to a competent mechanic so that it can be repaired as soon as possible.
- Electronic and Electrical Issues: BMW transmissions rely on complex electronic and electrical systems. If any of these components fail, it can lead to transmission problems.
- Improper Repairs: If your BMW transmission is not repaired correctly, it can lead to further damage and ultimately result in transmission failure. Choosing a qualified technician with experience working on BMWs is essential to ensure that the repairs are done correctly.
When Should You Have Your BMW’s Transmission Serviced or Repaired?
The recommended schedule for transmission service and repair can vary depending on the make and model of your BMW. However, in general, it is recommended to have your transmission serviced every 30,000 to 60,000 miles. This can help ensure that your BMW’s transmission remains in excellent condition and prevent issues from arising.
Choose Fast Lane European Qualified Technicians for BMW Transmission Service
When it comes to BMW transmission service and repair, you cannot afford to give your vehicle to just any mechanic. You need to choose a qualified technician with experience working with your vehicle brand. At Fast Lane European, our staff comprises a team of qualified mechanics with the expertise and equipment to diagnose and repair any issues with your BMW transmission. Our mechanics will also use high-quality parts and fluids to ensure that your transmission functions correctly and continues to operate at its best.
We are conveniently located in San Jose, CA, and we help car owners from all the neighboring cities. If you want to keep your BMW transmission in the best shape possible, call us now or book an appointment with any of our experts.